Volunteering in Munich – how can I help?
Would you like to convey culture on a voluntary basis in Munich? Are you interested in art and culture and would you like to get involved in social projects?
With our volunteer supporters we reach from KulturRaum Munich our culture guests in personal conversations. We arrange free cultural offers.
We are KulturRaum team is made up of eleven full-time employees and around 170 volunteers. Citizens from all areas of our society and all age groups form a heterogeneous, collegial team.
- Weekly or two-week assignments in ticket brokerage on site at various food distribution points in Munich, such as the Münchner Tafel (noon approx. 1 ½ hours)
- Telephone ticket exchange/weekly 2-3 hours at fixed times in the afternoon or early evening.
requirements and time frame
- Respectful and empathetic interaction when talking to our guests
- Interest in art and culture and knowledge of Munich's cultural landscape
- PC and internet skills
- Independent and responsible way of working, reliability, regular and long-term availability, internal communication by email
- The time required depends on the activity
- Participation in regular meetings (3-4 times a year) for exchange and intensification of voluntary work
- Responsible voluntary work in the cultural/social area
- Familiarization with mediation activities and the database
- regular information via newsletter
- Regular team meetings, training
- Accident/liability insurance as part of voluntary work
- travel allowance
- permanent contact person
- joint cultural visits, venue explorations
Current need - cultural mediation on site
- We are currently looking for reinforcements for our Kultur.vor.Ort teams:
- From Monday to Friday around noon until a maximum of 15:30 p.m. and on Saturday mornings, we are present at various food distribution points throughout Munich.
- Here, our volunteer mediators provide information about free cultural events and registration with KulturRaum München eV
- Time required: approx. 1 1/2 hours per week or every two weeks.
- Language skills such as Kurdish, Arabic and Russian are particularly helpful for us.
- Here you can find out more about cultural mediation on site.
If you are curious, please send us an e-mail with a brief description of your motivation, your language skills, previous activities and interests.
We can arrange an appointment to get to know each other over the phone. If you would like to work for us after getting to know each other, we will arrange a trial appointment with you.
Contact Anne-Isabelle Zils
That's what our volunteers say
"I really enjoyed working with you and I'm glad to have met such nice and interesting people and also such a great project. Thank you also for the beautiful guided tours and events that I was allowed to participate in! That is really something special at the Kulturraum and shows the appreciation you have for the volunteers.”
“The contact with the guests allows us to hear and see what expectations the guests have of an event. Very often they say “thank you” because it allows them to participate in social life.”